The Meadow Hall Graduate Teacher Trainee Programme is a 3 month teacher training and development initiative aimed at young graduates who are passionate about the teaching profession regardless of their first academic discipline. This Programme is at no cost to the graduates.
- To institute professionalism in teaching by providing the required training for new entrants into the field.
- To equip trainable young entrants into the profession with the latest developments and international best practice for effective teaching and learning.
- To attract into the teaching profession dynamic individuals who will acquire workplace and professional values to impact children and ultimately the nation.
- To create an exceptional pool of teachers.
- A minimum of a Second Class upper (2-1) degree from a recognised institution in or outside Nigeria.
- Open ONLY to fresh graduates who completed NYSC not more than two years ago.
- Applicants must be within 21 and 28 years of age.
- Passion for the teaching profession
- Proficient ICT Skills
- Good Communication and Social Skills
- No prior teaching experience is required
- Training by an international educational institution with best practice teaching tools, environment and methodologies.
- A platform for self development, creativity and excellent service delivery
- Exposure to modern educational settings and technology
- To become a relevant icon in moulding the future generation
- Job Placement for exceptional graduates.
GTTP pioneered in 2013 with a huge success as the 30 trainees drawn from all over Nigeria were trained by international and local facilitators, who are experts in the field of education, on best practice in teaching using hands-on methodology. Most of the 2013 alumni of the Graduate Trainee programme currently work as teachers in various schools in Nigeria and abroad. Remarkably, the 2014 edition had a 100% absorption of the graduate trainees into the teaching profession. The 2015 edition commenced on January 12, 2015.